Do you remember what it was like to be a Pre-teen? Well imagine if you will, being 12 or 13, overweight, braces, glasses, acne and then on top of that getting the worst haircut you could ever imagine. I'm talking short enough for you to look like a teenage boy. It happened, oh yes it happened to me. Since then I have been pretty easy going about my hair, I have always pretty conservative with new stylists until I know they can handle a little funk. It took me 5 different people in Utah until I found perfection. Jill was awesome and when we had to move I was crushed. What was I going to do!!?? People out here in Nebraska don't really have the style going on. They all look about 9 years behind everyone else. So on my last visit to Jill I walked in with a tear in my eye and said, put me back to natural. I don't trust anyone else with my blonde locks. It was a sad day to lose my look and my friend.I finally got brave out here and decided to get my hair back to normal and the first couple of visit turned out pretty well until lately....I went yesterday and thought I would try a new/old look, one I had had before and knew I could pull off, so I brought the picture from a year ago as well as a few magazines and let him go at it. By the time he was done my mouth dropped. What happened? But trying to be positive I thought, it will be ok, I'll go home and try to style it myself, it always looks better when I do it anyway. I got home, shampooed again, blew it dry, flat iron, product....WWWWAAAAAAAA!!! TEARS! It was awful, it was the first time since I was 12 years old that I cried uncontrollably. There were pieces that are mayne an inch long, one spot right in the front that is bright white, stripes everywhere...IS THIS YOUR IDEA OF A WEAVE? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I look like a Zebra that walked into a chipper. I cried for probably 30 minutes before going to bed, I couldn't believe it. There is no way to recover from this. My poor husband just kept trying to reassure me it was going to be ok and it looked cute.
That's it...I'll just have to fly back to Salt Lake every 6 weeks so Jill can do my hair.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry Megan! Hey at least you're pretty enough to recover, right? I didn't know you had gone natural. Weaves are always dangerous for us dark haired girls huh? Dang you 'braskan hair dresser! How bout some before/after pics? Hang in there, you're great.
Post a Comment