I should be working but I'm having a super hard time staying on task today, so I figured I would update the ol' blog-a-roo....
I have found why I have never moved to Nebraska before. Besides the lack of mountains, cold winters, and absolutely no reason....my #1 reason.....ALLERGIES!! In the last 3 months I have had a constant steady sickness....finally last weekend I hit the Trifecta. Friday I just couldn't take it my ears were ringing and hurting, my head was crazy full and my eyes...well let's not even discuss it. So Saturday morning I was the first person at Urgent Care doors "Open Open Open". I walked out with a bag full of anti-biotics and an order to be quarantined for 72 hours at least. My poor husband had to sleep downstairs. I'm sure he loved it because he could sleep all over the bed without me elbowing him to roll over. I on the other hand was lonely....At least I could hear his snoring thru the floor vent and was able to sleep better.
Easter is coming. Woo hoo! Holidays aren't really the same when you don't have family around to share in your leftovers :) Easter tradition is usually Ham and Scalloped potatoes in the Shea house, but Erick isn't a huge fan of Ham and I don't usually do leftovers well so Erick decided he wanted to make a Turkey? What? a Turkey? We had this awesome Turkey recipe from Guy Fieri at Thanksgiving so I guess we'll give that another try. Hopefully it's as good as we remembered...I'm still making Scalloped Potatoes and he'll just have to deal.
I'm still waiting for Spring weather here in Nebraska. Since the first official day of spring we have had 2 snow storms, a few days of upper 60s and 3 days of rain. Not really a good start. My poor garden is already dead. I guess I'll have to start over when I'm sure the sun will stick around. Even though the weather isn't cooperating I still need to start my "SPRING CLEANING" This weekend is "Throw it out" day. I don't know how in 3 years time we have accumulated so much crap and every one of our rooms and closets have something in it. It's time to CLEAN OUT! So I'm starting with the kitchen. Ooh last night I saw on HGTV they have magnetic primer and chalkboard paint so you can paint a wall with the primer and paint and be able to use it as both. I LOVE IT!! They had little can of spices and a message board, I looked at Erick and said, "I NEED THAT!" he said, I knew you would say that. So today I'm looking on the Internet for all of it.
With the Spring cleaning comes ditching all the things that are weighing us down....irritation with "Red" (We called the fence people and they are putting up a 6' fence in the back, YIPEE! No more Red), that extra 15 lbs that "will disappear someday" will today is that day. The color of my living room walls...it's so dark and we don't have many windows so it's really dark even in the middle of the day...I'm thinking I need to lighten it up. And hating Nebraska! I need to get over it....I'm going home to CA in a few weeks. Hopefully I will get rejuvenated by seeing my family I haven't seen in 9 months and be ready to tackle more Nebraska for a little more.
No comments:
Post a Comment