Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 7: Garden


When I lived in Lincoln I had a beautiful garden. I loved my garden! I grew my own basil, tomatoes, broccoli, cucumbers, flowers, bushes. We had grass and trees and I loved to go out and work in it and see it grow. My garden was small, but I loved seeing all the things that would grow there. We never could have lived off what I grew, but it was my "fun garden". We moved to the land of desolation and it makes me really sad. we don't have any grass, our yard is all rocks. There is nothing that blooms, there is nothing that's green or colorful. It's really depressing. I pray that the next house we move to...our own house...will have grass or something that resembles a garden. For now my garden consist of my Boon Grass bottle rack with the flower accessory holder and my "love fern". My sister sent us that money tree 6 1/2 years ago when we first got married and moved to Utah. It's lasted a long time. It even lasted almost 3 months alone in Utah when we moved to Lincoln and I had to ship it out. It didn't fair as well on the trip out to Vegas. But I'm slowly nursing it back to health. It started out as 8 inches tall and now it's probably a solid 4 feet. So until I can have my garden back, this is the garden I will enjoy for now.


g


No comments: