Thursday, May 10, 2012

When Life Gives you Lemons....

They say "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade"
I wish it was that simple. How can something that has such a beautiful color, smell and seems so refreshing make you so mad you could spit. I don't want to make lemonade, I want to pick up the truck load of lemons that have slowly been dumped on my front porch and chuck them back at everyone. NOW THAT WOULD MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!
This is how I feel instead....I demand to see life's manager..."I don't want your damn lemons!" Make life take the lemons back.
So as you can tell, Life's Manger has handed us a boat load of lemons lately. I try to be a strong chick, some days I feel like a Hot Dog on a Stick lady bouncing up and down on my lemon smoosher trying so hard to stay ahead of the lemons...but I'm waving my white flag..you can take your lemons back, we're full, no more room, I'm done and my arms are tired. 

We're currently on day 13 of living out of a suitcase. I appreciate my parents and my in laws opening their homes to us while we are struggling, it has helped alot not to worry about where we would live for a month. But after a while all you want is your own bed, your own stuff, your own mess, your own space, even if that meant you would be all alone. We have about 16 days more and then we should be able to head back home...although that presents a whole new set of challenges we will just have to face them head on. 
Erick is finally in a full leg cast. They had him just in a splint before with drains from his leg, it was more painful then the plaster cast and hopefully now he'll be able to get around better now. He and Avery take alot of naps in the family room. Even though he can't get around or hold Avery while standing he can at least keep an eye on her while I try to get work done. 
When they aren't napping they spend a little time watching Ratatouille on the computer. She's like her mom. I love that movie...even though it's about a rat that cooks!
This was a cute picture I took this morning. Allee came and cuddled up to Avery on the bed. Avery rubbed Allee's face for about 5 minutes until she poked Allee in the eye and then she wasn't too happy anymore. 
and this one is just as cute....Avery has a huge hunk of Allee's hair in her hand, Allee hasn't moved a muscle, no growl, no snarl, nothing, just laying there. Allee really mama's Avery, it makes me sad to think that Allee won't be around to be her dog. Rubee will be her dog and she's not the mothering type. 


1 comment:

Lara said...

Megs! I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling. Keep fighting, sister! Good thing you have that freaking cute Avery to keep you going. Hang in there! Much love to you!!