Our Utah House...This is the house we lived in when we first got married. It was the house Erick learned to mow a lawn, the house that we learned how to be married and depend on each other since our families were so far away, where we spent our First and Second Anniversaries, where we made our first Thanksgiving dinner together, where I learned to live and drive in snow for the first time in my whole entire life, where Erick graduated from BYU,where we made the decision to move to Nebraska, Where we said goodbye to for a long time, probably never to return. *Except to visit since Erick's brother lives there now :)
Our Nebraska House...This one is particularly hard for me to write about because my emotions for this house are all over the place. This was the hardest house for me to live in. When we first visited Nebraska Erick and I both felt like this was the place we needed to be. Once we moved to Nebraska I hated it. There were too many bugs, I was eaten alive by mosquitoes, it was hot and humid, I had zero, zip, zilch friends, I was the farthest from my family or comfort zone that I had ever been, we never got to go home for holidays, there was nothing familiar about my surroundings, I worked from home and had hardly any way to meet people, my husband was gone 14-16 hours a day if not more and the horrible rear neighbor lady that kept calling animal control on us. Life was pretty hard to say the least.
But towards the end, Nebraska became our home. On the day I left, my life there flashed in my head and suddenly the bad stuff wasn't as bad as it felt when in the middle of it. Suddenly all I could remember was the worst winter at Christmas one year that Erick and I were stuck in this house unable to get out, but it was so fun, the house the next New Years Day we adopted the new member of the Sayer family, Rubee the Goldendoodle, the house we celebrated Anniversary 3,4 and 5 in, the house with fantastic neighbors that although they kept to themselves were awesome people, the house we made friends that I could never say good bye to, because if I did that means I will never see them again, and although it may be true we may never see them again, if you don't say good bye you hold out hope that some day you will meet again. This is the house where my husband worked with blood, sweat and tears and graduated with a JD/MBA in only 3 1/2 years, the house where we learned he was offered a job that will take us to our next adventure and finally and most important, this is the house we brought our little girl home to and although she only spent 10 weeks of her life there this will always be her first home, the place for the rest of her life when asked her place of birth she will say "Lincoln, Nebraska". GO BIG RED!
And next but not last;
Our Nevada house...
This is our first house of our new adventure. This house I never saw until the day I flew into town. This is the house my husband started his new job in, the house he will pass the bar in, the house my little girl will take her first steps in and have her first birthday, the house we will make plans for our future in, the house we will live no longer as students, the house we will celebrate our 6th anniversary in.
It probably won't see a 2nd baby, or another anniversary, but it is the start to a new chapter in our book. No longer are we Cali kids having Adventures in the Midwest, we are The Sayer Family risking it all in Vegas.
and so the next chapter begins.....



3 comments:
NE was full of humidity and bugs but you're right, pulling away it didn't seem so bad after all. And it brought us little sweet, perfect babies. Hope house #3 brings you good things too.
P.s. Let's make a date for some pineapple whip....mmmmn
What great adventures you and Erick have been through! We sure you miss you here in Nebraska, but are excited for your next chapter in Vegas. And you better believe we WILL see each other again. Looks like it is time to change the heading of your blog!!
That house is beautiful! I hope you make a million good memories there.
I don't think all of Nebraska has bugs like our street does. It's pretty nasty though, isn't it? You practically have to wear a mosquito net to walk to your mailbox.
One thing I have learned from moving so much is you never know when people are going to pop back into your life. :) (as in, you being the sister in law of someone I knew in high school...)
Post a Comment