3 Months already...time just needs to slow down. This month has been so busy we've hardly had a moment to document it, which makes me really sad.
3 Month Stats:
Height: 23" 55 percentile
Weight: 13lbs 55 percentile
Head: 16 7/8" still 95 percentile.
New things Avery has learned this month:
- Smiles! She smiles all the time and at everyone especially in the morning. it's so hard to be mad when you have to get up at 4am to a fussy baby, when you get to her bassinet and she looks up at you with the biggest, toothless, cutest grin you've ever seen.
- Daddy can get her to laugh. He can really get her going good...which usually is followed by massive spit up.
- They say Women speak about 16000-20000 words per day. It seems like Avery is getting a jump start on that. She babbles all day long. I've even gotten her to mimic me a little. I'll play with her and make noises at her and she will sometimes respond back with her own sounds.
- She is so wiggly....she doesn't want to sit still but has yet to roll over. If you hold her she just wants to talk, kick her legs and wiggle her arms.
- She still hates tummy time, but has really good neck and back muscle control. I talk to the doctor about it and she said that as long as her head isn't flat and she can lift her head I don't have to push it.
- Her hair is still falling out, but has finally started to look less like a mullet. She definitely has super dark hair and really dark eyes. She's had brown eyes since she was born. Everyone says....No she had to have the gray eyes of a newborn...NOPE! always dark dark brown. I had hoped they would change to be her daddy's blue, but it isn't going to happen I don't think.
- Avery took her first plane ride. I was so nervous, I was literally sick to my stomach. I was doing it all by myself and I didn't know what to expect. Luckily for me this is what happened the entire time. We were on a VERY VERY full southwest flight from Omaha to Las Vegas. We were completely surrounded by drunk Nascar fans. I was a little worried that their loud obnoxious behavior would wake her up, but she was zonked out. I fed her about 15 minutes into the flight and she slept for the next 2 1/2 hours. THANK HEAVENS


The rest of the pictures are a little out of order but all happened in her 3rd month.
 |
| Mommy ordered a new headband, it's a little big and Daddy doesn't like it, but we had to get at least 1 picture with it on. Maybe will have to wait until she grows into it a little...or at least gets more hair. |
 |
| She gets so mad if you don't hurry with the bottle. She's started trying to hold it herself. This was her the other night, Erick wasn't paying attention and she grabbed on to it. I know she's not really lifting it or has any control, but it is hysterical how mad she gets about it |
 |
| we tried to get the dogs to take a picture with her but they weren't having any of it. Someday, some how we'll get a picture of all 3 of them. |
 |
| This is how she spent some of her last days in Lincoln. I was all alone for most of our last weeks there and I had to pack up the whole house. It's hard to do with a baby. So she'd be good in her seat for about 15 minutes at a time. I'd pack or clean as much as I could and then go pick her up when she started to cry. |
 |
| Daddy and Baby A watching a little TV. |
 |
Our new house is 2 stories. You learn to combine as much as you can in order not to make a bazillion trips up and down the stairs. So Avery gets to "ride" in the clean laundry baskets. Those baskets get ALOT heavier with a 13lb weight in it.
|
 |
| Avery has discovered the TV and LOVES IT!! If you are holding her she wants to be facing it and will freak out until you sit her up and let her watch. We watch alot of Bravo and 'E' Channel |
 |
| Her new thing: She likes to feel her blankies on her mouth. She has crinklies that she puts up to her face too. |
 |
| Moving is tough work! |
This is also her new thing....She has been sucking on her hands. She will spit out her binky and go right for the fist. it's slobbery and gross and I try to stop it, but she gets feisty if you pull it out.
 |
| We thought she was going to roll over...but instead she just rolled up on to one side and started crying. |
 |
| St. Patricks Day 3/17/12 |
 |
| Yikes! that's a big doggy! |
 |
| She does really good in her bumbo, but doesn't like it for long periods of time. She'll sit for about 5-10 minutes and then she's done. |
 |
| Daddy was parenting while playing xbox. I told him that if he was going to sit there she might as well do some tummy time. ERICK HATES IT!! He will never let her stay because she hates it and starts crying so he picks her up right away. I finally had to sit a timer for him for 5 minutes and said, "After the timer goes off you can pick her up....NOT BEFORE!" |
2 comments:
Holy freaking cow... she is the cutest cutest cutest!! I'm so glad she slept on the plane. And I am sooo not looking forward to packing my house. Miss you guys!
Oh Megan, what a fun post to read. I feel like I am missing out on so much now that you don't live in Nebraska. She is sure growing up fast! Glad to see Landon isn't the only one who eats his fist and like to watch tv. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment