We had this for dinner 2 nights ago. I was a little worried because Erick has a very specific palate. We've recently gotten him to go to an Indian restaurant and a Thai place, so I thought I might be safe. While it was cooking I had flashbacks to my little apartment in Simi and my roommate Jen. I emailed her to tell her about our dinner and we reminisced a little. Brought back good memories!

**I borrowed this picture from the blog I borrowed the recipe from**
2 T Olive Oil
1 1/2 Lbs Chicken Breast (Cut into cubed pieces)
1/2 C Yellow onion
1 Red Bell Pepper
2 C Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (You can sub Veg broth if you want to make it vegetarian)
1 can light coconut milk
1 T fish sauce
1/8 t cayenne pepper
1 T Brown sugar
1/2 T Curry Powder
1 T Fresh Lime Juice
1/4 c fresh cilantro
3-4 C cooked rice.
**I made this without the red bell peppers and cilantro and it was still delish!
In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat until it is hot and shimmering. Pat the chicken pieces dry and season with salt and pepper. Add to hot oil. Let the chicken cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions and bell pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the onions and peppers are soft but not fully cooked.
Add chicken broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, cayenne pepper, brown sugar and curry powder. Stir to combine. Bring soup to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes. (I let mine simmer for 45 minutes, it reduced down to a thicker creamier soup, more like an indian curry) Stir in lime juice and cilantro, add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve over a scoop of rice.
DELICIOUS!
2 comments:
This looks delicious Megan! I think I'm going to have to try this! I LOVE curry!
you make a lot of things with curry? its very "cur..ious" oh my i'm freakin halarious! and yes i wish i have been drinking! ha
Post a Comment