Lately I've been in a funk, a literal funk and a figurative funk.... My literal Funk: E and I have been sicker than sick. I think we must have gotten the funk and then just kept passing it back and forth to each other. Just when I thought I had gotten over it, it would come back and this time it came back with a vengeance, we were sick for more than 10 days. We're still not 100% but as E said to some one today, "We're tired of being sick INSIDE, so now we're being sick OUTSIDE, we thought we'd venture out and share" We're not really that sick anymore, its just that lingering, ick you still feel. Because of that we haven't been able to go to the gym for like 10 days, we went back on Saturday, holy cow that was hard!
My Figurative funk is different...I spend all my days sitting in this stupid office chair watching the world go by. It stinks! The last couple of weeks at work have been tough. In 3 words: I HATE IT! I tell E just about everyday, "I'm gonna quit! We'll just have to figure it out" and yet I get up the next morning to start the Groundhogs day that seems to be my life.
Secondly, we are getting so close to what would have been E's graduation date. Since he's doing the MBA program at the same time we'll be in good ol' NE a little while longer. I feel sad inside that our friends will be leaving us and moving to better places. I said to E the other day I had a sad realization in the shower the other day, my two really good friends will be leaving me. Now although I'm mostly a hermit that is stuck in my house 7 days a week, I'm grateful for my girls that I feel like I can call my Nebraska besties. Through this journey our lives have gone in several different directions, We started this Law School journey together and sadly we won't be finishing together. But I know and hope we will stay close once our journeys are through.
E and I have been talking a lot about where we are going and what we are doing. Right now we have Plans A, B, C, etc, will we stay here? will we decide to extend school until May? will we have a baby sooner rather than later? will we strike out into the dark and just go without a job?(Luckily the plan to suck it up and move back in with one of our parents is down at Plan Z **no offense families) it just makes my stomach a little upset to not know which Plan we will end up taking. Back in the day going to Law School would be a sure fire way to get a good job. Now I feel a little like Kendra....wondering where our home will be and where our next paycheck will come from. Luckily our future isn't dependent on a football team having room on their roster for our paycheck or E's athletic ability :)
As my semester comes to a close, hopefully I'll have a little more time to keep up with my ol' blog friend. 2011 will possibly our last full year in Nebraska and I want to make sure it's well documented.
No comments:
Post a Comment