First of all I must thank Google Chrome for the fine Christmas present of free wifi on this here flight of mine. It's allows me to be able to focus on this blog post and some homework as I have nothing else to do for the next 4 hours.
What a super long day it's been. Hubby has been gone for the last 6 days leaving me to continue to hold up the household alone. When finals roll around I become a law school widow, making meals for 1, putting myself to bed and waking up alone again. I am more than ready for this experience to be over that's for sure. It sure has become a growing experience, but not one I would soon care to repeat.
So as I was saying, finals were finally over and just as they had come and gone so did my hubby. We thought this year would be a trial in "dealing with the family split" Since an equal split of time with each family seems incredibly hard to pull off we elected to split ourselves up in order to make the family happier. So Hubby went 6 days early for our little adventure to the homeland since little bro was coming home from his missionary adventure. I'm meeting him in the middle, 2 days with his family, 2 days with my family and then he goes home and I'm with my family for a few days. We'll see how this works out.
So I spent last night packing myself up and today I laid around with my girls for as long as possible and then made the horribly long feeling drive to Camp Bow Wow. I tried my best to stay strong and not cry the WHOLE way there...I did pretty good until the little guy at the front desk asked me what their feeding schedule was...and as the little owner guy stood there with my girls I looked at him and tears started rolling down my cheeks, words wouldn’t even form. I just kept thinking “keep it together woman!” little owner guy said in his high pitched sweeter than sweet voice “oh honey, it will be ok, I promise, they will be ok and you know how to watch them on the webcam, right?” All I could do is nod and then nod some more….swallow back hard and blurt out as many instructions as I could until the heaving and blubbering came. I’m sure I looked like a complete idiot standing there with my bag full of dog toys and chicken-free treats, sobbing like a 4 year old girl who just had to flush her goldfish. I finally got it under control, finished my last sentence and ran out the door. I feel bad I didn’t really even say goodbye, but I knew any longer and I probably would have dissolved into a puddle of pitifulness on the floor of Camp Bow Wow. I should never have to be the one to drop them off.
I spent the greater part of the evening wandering around the Minneapolis airport in search of something that wasn’t fried, oily or processed. Then settled on 3 Motrin and a Large Diet Coke. It is going to be a long night.
Forecast for LA, Rain, Rain, Rain, Cold…Really? I just left ½ way decent weather (well on the Nebraska scale that is)
The Lord said to Noah, there’s gonna be a floody floody. Get those children out of the Muddy, Muddy. Noah he builded, he builded an arky, arky…..of all the years we picked to go home for Christmas it seems like we might be lining up two by two soon.
Currently I’m 30,000 feet over about Denver I think and still plugging along a SUPER full boat! If today is any indication on how the rest of my trip is going to go, I might just find a connecting flight at LAX to Cancun and claim I don’t know how it happened. More to come I’m sure….
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment