I few weeks ago I had a post about giving away one of my things.
I still cry a little when I see this picture. 

My poor little baby was beginning to give in to old age. Her repairs started to exceed her worth. With the winter coming, Erick and I weren't sure what we were going to do. The poor thing was only rear wheel drive and last year we had put 200lbs of sand in the back just so I could get back and forth to school and the store as needed, but now she needed new tires, windshield and various other repairs indicative of a 7 year old, 150K mile car. We could have limped her along for another little bit. We already knew she wasn't making it back across the plains when we left our experience in Nebraska.
So we set out for a little investigation....no commitment, just an investigation.
Boy did we pick the wrong time to look for a car....pickens were slim, since it was the end of the cash for clunkers. We were so surprised when we made our way around dealerships and were only offered 2 or 3 cars.
Being a Nissan family we tried to stay true and went looking for a small SUV, the Rogue, when we got there...2 options, neither good...and I REALLY wanted the beautiful blue Murano that was sitting there just CALLING for me. The minute I showed interest another couple pretty much ran over, peed on it and claimed their territory. We left a little discouraged and decided to go home to regroup and maybe just pay for the repairs on the ol' girl. The next morning the sales man called and said he was able to find a Rogue in another state, I asked, half-kidding, if the other couple bought the blue Murano and to my surprise he said no. I ran into Erick and said "It's meant to be...it wants ME!! and I want IT!!!"
Long story short - after wheeling and dealing and alot of haggling we got a heck of a deal! Probably better than buying the less expensive Rogue.
I put my poor baby out to pasture and brought home new one just WAITING for new memories!
TADA...Here she is!


4 comments:
Looks like our Rogue just got a sibling! You should name it Dillon. The dealership license fill-in totally looks like a name tag anyways.
Nice ride!
ooohhh I like it! I have wondered about those cars....how have you liked it so far??
Sweet ride! Doesn't it feel good knowing a car was meant for you? That's how it was with our Pilot--she waited for us 3 whole weeks and when we finally came to pick her up we got her for nearly the same price as our Corolla! It was meant to be :)
Post a Comment