Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Letter To a Thief

Dear Common Cowardly Individual -

I'm sure when you saw my purse you thought "TOURIST, JACKPOT" but the jokes on YOU! What you didn't realize is you were stealing from poor law students. So although you think you're going to make it big, just know that you got nothing. My iphone is just a brick now that I had it shut down, my wallet had credit cards in it, but they aren't any good to you. And good luck finding any cash because well....there wasn't any. The biggest thing you took from my was my convenience. Now I have to figure out how to get around without a drivers license. Luckily the police report will get me home.

Jokes on you!

Megan

**Yep, that's right, Erick and I turned into a statistic yesterday. We had hiked down to the Blow Hole in Maui and stupidly I left my purse (covered up!) in the car so it wouldn't get wet. When we returned to the car my purse, my mother in laws purse and my father in laws wallet was gone. Such a pain. I spent a whole afternoon canceling cards, and we had to drive in to town and buy new cell phones. What a crazy mess and certainly an unforgettable memory.

3 comments:

allysa said...

i am sorry. that is no fun. i hate being a statistic. oh and by the way, i can't believe that you have been in Nebraska for a year. that is crazy. but i hope all is well. :) -allysa

Trevor and Shelby said...

Bummer! What jerks. Off to Kuaui today actually. Will NOT be leaving valuables in the car I guess. Love you guys and hope you're still able to enjoy the vacay despite it.
PS I really hope somehow they found a link to your blog so he can read your letter, even if they probably struck gold with the in-law's wallets.

Byron and Bess said...

oh noooo. that sucks. We're sorry to hear that. ohh i cant imagine, that would have upset me so much!!!
we miss u guys