Monday, June 8, 2009

Bunch of stuff in one post:
My mom (the angel that she is) flew all the way to Lincoln on Memorial day to help us out while I was still recovering. Poor thing had her bag lost twice (for her reports of her trip to Nebraska, go here.) We loved having her here. We don't get to see our family on our turf nearly as much as we'd like to. On her last day in Lincoln we took her to one of our favorite places to eat here. When I told her we were going to have Mongolian she was a little leery, but as soon as we got there and explained how it worked she was hooked. I explained the best way to approach this place is to get a very small portion and then if you don't like it go get something different. If you do, get more. The second time around she tried the crab and she thought it was so yummy she was sad she didn't get it the first go around. (P.S - Mongolian is just essentially Chinese food that you build yourself and they cook it right in front of you, so it's not like she was trying something COMPLETELY new.)

Lovin' the crab!
We love you mom! We're so grateful and glad you came. Thank you for all your help!



We've been working on sprucing up the front of the house, but since we don't get any sun right up against the house it's been really hard to find plants that will grow. Luckily I found a nursery that had plants that grown in partial shade to all shade so we'll see what happens.
Before:

After:


Last year I bought a Hibiscus plant and hoped it would bring some color to the house. I planted it close to the door and within a few weeks it was dead, it wasn't getting enough sun. I was so sad, but never had time to dig it up and fix the space. So this spring when we went to plant the new bushes I told Erick to just dig out the hibiscus and we'd put one in that hole....much to our surprise we saw some sprouts coming up. I was so happy. So we transplanted it to the corner of the house where it would get more sun. In a few weeks all the twigs are gone and it's all green.

I thought these were some cute pictures of Allee. The first one was taken this morning as I sat on the bed folding clothes. She had cuddled up to Erick's pillow and was snoring away!
I took this picture to send to my Dad. He loves his Canine Grandchild.
Even though this is the "excited about Broccoli" picture, this is the only picture I have post Surgery. This was Tuesday I think so I was just a few days out. I had to keep my shoulder uncovered and in the sling, so I was living in tank tops for a while.

My mom and I had gone to the Nebraska Bookstore to get some souvenirs of her stay; I saw these cute stickers. I swore I would never be the people that would have all the stickers to represent my family. But on these I couldn't resist....I had to buy it mainly for the dog sticker. So cute! GO BIG RED!



No comments: