Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What have you been up to?

I don't know about you, but we've been busy.


Erick started his finals a few weeks ago, so Allee and I made the trek home to CA for a few weeks so he could focus on his last finals of his first year.




We made it to Utah for the first leg of the trip. Gavin and Kara came down to have dinner with us. Ashley flew up to drive to CA with me. It was welcomed company since Allee doesn't do much talking.













We finally made it to CA, it was a long drive.



Tuesday the 28th was our anniversary, I was sad to be apart from my sweetie. I went and had lunch with his mom that day, better to be with A Sayer even if it's not the one I should be with. Erick sent me flowers, they were waiting for me when I got home.









Saturday was a full day, Ashley and I got some much needed pampering with a mani/pedi....man I miss my sister! I got the car windows tinted...in hopes that it would help Allee ride better in the car. Erick says the car looks "sexy"















I got to spend so much time with my adorable nephews, Brayden and Luke...they have grown up so fast, it makes me sad that I'm not there...Last time I was home Brayden would run and not say a word, now you can't get a word in edge wise, he's a talker.











I got to eat lots of food they don't have in Nebraska that I miss....oooh Pollo Bowls!









Sadly it was time to start the trek back. It was a short trip for such a long drive.

I miss Utah!

Erick finished his finals...YEAH!!!! He met us in Utah to drive back across with us. This is what I saw when I picked him up from the airport. He hasn't shaved or had a hair cut in about 3 weeks. He's starting to look a little like wolverine.

It was a long drive back. Allee wasn't cooperating and I had to sit in the back seat with her for all 14 hours. Finally the last 2 hours she laid down. We were exhausted and happy to be home.

I was so excited to see my garden was still alive when I got home. My broccoli and strawberries LIVED!




Erick has one week until he starts classes again. He's got a pretty heavy load of classes for a summer. He opted to take summer school and work at the library instead of getting an internship this summer. It was a good thing it turns out since there weren't many internships to go around. But for now this is what he is doing...and he deserves it. I'm also making him help me with my math classes this summer so there won't be too much xbox. As soon as he gets stir crazy I'm going to send him to play with his friends....BE PREPARED FOR HIM TO SHOW UP AT YOUR HOUSE WITH A NOTE PINNED TO HIS SHIRT SAYING "KEEP ME BUSY" :)

And lastly. I had my follow up appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon about my shoulder and the prognosis is: Surgery.

Yep, it wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear because it scares me a little. But they got me in as soon as they could so I wouldn't miss very much work. So next Thursday is D-Day. So I have just about a week to clean the house, make sure there is easy food for Erick to make, pay the bills, get all my pre-op appointments in and make sure I don't freak out too much.



















So there you have it. We have been BUSY!! and will be busy busy busy this summer. Erick just booked our tickets to Hawaii in July so that is something to look forward to. HALLELUJAH!









3 comments:

Deb said...

Whew! I'm tired just reading that. ;) I hope the surgery goes well. Let me know if you need anything.

xoxoxo

Michelle said...

Good to hear that you had a good trip. Good luck with the surgery. Please let me know if you need anything...dinners or whatever. Maybe we should get Erick and Chad together and they can keep themselves entertained. haha

Trevor and Shelby said...

We feel ya on the finals fiasco- from the "finals beard" to the week of doing whatever he wanted. Good job Erick and good luck on your surgery Meg.