Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Catch up post

I forgot to blog about our totally cool date night at the beginning of last month. It's a rare occasion that I get a "PERK" from my job. People ask me all the time if I get to fly for free or get any perks. Sadly, NO. But I did finally get the one perk I've gotten for a few years. The Eagles came to Omaha at the beginning of November. We were so lucky to get 2 free tickets. We were able to meet up with my pilots spur of the moment for dinner. We went to Sullivans steakhouse. You know how they say some steaks melt in your mouth? Well this steak totally did. We had such a good time, I haven't really been able to see most of my pilots since we moved from CA, I was really only able to see some of them during Sundance Film festival when we were in Utah and now that we are in Lincoln, Good luck if I EVER see any of them again. Contrary to popular belief this isn't really the booming metropolis that my clients are chomping at the bit to come to!

It took forever for dinner, so we were a little late to the concert, Our tickets were at will call and when we got them the seats were crossed out and it said "Mixer" we were a little confused. So we asked an usher and he started taking us on what seemed like a wild goose chase. It ended up we were on the floor, in a little spot set aside with about 2 dozen padded folding chairs right behind the Sound Mixer. They were actually really great seats. My pilots mentioned that they had been to concerts before when they didn't even have seats and they ended up having to sit on JD's ice chest. The minute I saw JD's ice chest I laughed, I had to take a picture of it. At least we weren't sitting on the ice chest. The concert was great! Sorry the pictures are so blurry.





JD's cooler
View from our seats




.

No comments: