This year we didn't have family come for Thanksgiving, and we couldn't go home because Erick had to study all weekend and I had to work. Some of the ward members that didn't go home for Thanksgiving had a pot luck dinner at the clubhouse down the street from us. We stopped by for about an hour, but since I had to work we had to leave before it was over. It was nice to have some place to go for the actual day so we weren't eating pizza for Thanksgiving dinner. But what's Thanksgiving without left overs. So we decided that we would make our Thanksgiving dinner on Friday.
Friday was crazy long....We got up a little early and decided to go out to some black friday sales. It was more like window shopping, but we totally found some ridiculous buys. Erick and I got these:
It's a counting coin bank. LOVE IT!!! It tells you how much money you have in there...Really sad that it was the best buy of the day. Everything else that we saw was either a good deal but out of our budget or sold out by the time we got there.
We got home and started cooking...I felt like I cooked ALL DAY!! Our Friends Tom and Karen Grover came to join us for our Post-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Dinner and to watch the Nebraska Football Game. Tom took the pictures below of our dinner.

Tom and Karen Grover
SMOOCH!

Erick carving up our turkey (That was the BEST turkey EVER! Thank you Guy Fieri!! I think I watch too much Food Network)
Friday was crazy long....We got up a little early and decided to go out to some black friday sales. It was more like window shopping, but we totally found some ridiculous buys. Erick and I got these:
It's a counting coin bank. LOVE IT!!! It tells you how much money you have in there...Really sad that it was the best buy of the day. Everything else that we saw was either a good deal but out of our budget or sold out by the time we got there.We got home and started cooking...I felt like I cooked ALL DAY!! Our Friends Tom and Karen Grover came to join us for our Post-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Dinner and to watch the Nebraska Football Game. Tom took the pictures below of our dinner.

Tom and Karen Grover
SMOOCH!
Erick carving up our turkey (That was the BEST turkey EVER! Thank you Guy Fieri!! I think I watch too much Food Network)We had such a FULL friday, Saturday was left to cleaning and relaxing. Although we weren't able to be with family on Thanksgiving, we were grateful to be with our Law School Family and have such a good time.


No comments:
Post a Comment