It's that time of year again! SCRAPBOOK EXPO!
I went to my first scrapbook expo with Erick's Aunt Monica in March and I was like a kid in a candy store. I was hooked I loved it. Everywhere you looked; STUFF! So I knew I had to go back when it came around again in the fall. I made my plane reservations and saved my pennies...
My mom and sister met me in Lehi on Thursday night, we made our plan of attack and prepared for the morning. SO EXCITING!
Luke LOVED his new stroller (Ashley forgot hers, we picked up this one at Target) he was so good all weekend. We love you Lukey Pookie!
Who would have known our favorite finds of the day would be these awesome bags. Including my wheelie tote. For those of you who don't know Megan's Rules of the Scrapbook expo....You must first make one lap around the inside to check out all the vendors before pulling out your wallet. Make a mental or actual note of those you want to come back to and then start over. Well my sister and mom didn't listen to me, and half way around is a bag booth. Immediately my mom found a polka dot duffel and Ashley found a gigantic rolly luggage. So they bought them...good thing they did though, Ashley's rolly bag served as a GREAT place to put all our purchases. As we were walking around the expo I kept seeing these white and polka dot tote bags with a luggage handle and wheels. I HAD TO HAVE ONE, so I ran back to the bag place and asked about them. The lady said that the owner of the booth was coming back in an hour and had about 30 in her car. I asked if she could hold on for me, she said she couldn't but if I came back i should be able to get one. So Ashley suggested we go and then we can come back sometime that evening and I could run in really quick. So that was the plan, we started our 2nd trip around the expo, stopped for a water and pretzel and continued on. As we were walking we saw a girl with a NEW ONE OF MY TOTES! Ashley said, the lady must be back, let's go. So we headed that way and there was a group forming around the booth, were they all there for bags? As I walked up there were ladies waiting for a different type of bag and one that asked me if I was waiting for a bag, I said, yes but a different one, other ladies started to gather, as the owner left with the dolly, more of a group started to form. Minutes later the lady came back with a dolly FULL of just these bags....no sooner did she make it around the corner did all the ladies rush in and start taking them right off the dolly; 2 or 3 at a time....My side of the story goes that I elbowed a lady in the face, wrestled 2 to the ground and kneed another just for a bag...but the truth is I stood there like a deer in the headlights appalled at the happenings. With a few left on the dolly a lady said to another passing by, "oh those are cute, how much are they?" the other lady guesses, "oh they are like $35"....another girl pipes up, "No they aren't! they're only $16" and in a flash more mobs. Luckily one of the girls that was standing next to me grabbed one for me and said, "here let me get one for you before they are gone". As soon as I came too out of my stunned state I looked down at the dolly....ALL OF THEM WERE GONE! But I had mine!
This was our final count of goodies! (Ashley and Mom both bought the Zebra print bag. AWESOME)
To close out our girls weekend we went to Tucanos...A UTAH FAVORITE! You must visit there.
Gavin came down from Rexburg for the weekend to hang out with us (I think he came just for Tucanos) he brought his friend Leah to dinner. We had so much fun. But we all had to be rolled out of there. (For future reference may I suggest the garlic sirloin, pork tenderloin and turkey wrapped in bacon!)
Sunday was going home day. It was sad and rushed day, Mom, Ash and Luke's flight left at 8AM, Gavin got up and went to church with Leah before heading back to Rexburg and I was left to close up the house and once again say goodbye to Cranberry Loop. With tears in my eyes I shut the garage one more time and headed to Jarrett, Tiffany and Carter's house to say good bye to them. I miss them so much. (***I tried to see my friend Jene but she was just too busy for me, ha ha!! I love you Jene!!) Only 178 more days to save for the next Scrapbook Expo Adventure! I'M GOING TO NEED MORE MONEY!
2 comments:
I need to go with you next time. It sounds like you had lots of fun and got some great things. I didn't know they had scrapbook expo's I should have known better.
It looks like you made a haul! How fun! I love the bags! I'll have to come over and see all your cute purchases!
Post a Comment