Sunday, August 31, 2008

Nebraska State Fair

Saturday! SO FUN! We went to the Nebraska State Fair with our new friends Brad and Jana Russell. We had such a good time.....


Brad was adamant about getting a Smoked Turkey Leg. I thought he was joking....first thing in the gate...there they were...Erick pulled a little piece off his for me to taste (we all know how I feel about poultry on the bone, ICK!) it was pretty good.

Erick wanted to make sure that I took a picture of this...YUCK! Yes honey, you are my "hot beef sundae"!


We went to the "Livestock Birthing Station" probably more out of morbid curiosity. There were many PREGNANT things...including humans.

Erick's only request was a fried twinkie. He wasn't impressed. It tasted like Banana...he hates banana! So 3 bites in and it went in the trash.
Can carnies really tell you if you are going to heaven?
We played 4 rounds of $0.25 bingo....So fun!! Jana won once.....she got 2 tickets to the raffle for the flat screen TV....they're still waiting for that phone call that they won :)
Just when you thought they couldn't put anything else on a stick or anything else that was deep fried.....DEEP FRIED PEACH!! I was a little skeptacle at first, but then OH HEAVEN! it's like peach cobbler on a stick.
Last thing out of the park....PINEAPPLE WHIP!!! CAN I SAY IT ANY LOUDER? SO SO SO GOOD!!
  • Fair Tickets: $32
  • Lost Carnival Games: $25
  • Turkey Leg, Giant Corn Dog, Fried Cheese on a stick, Fried Twinkie, Diet Coke, Fried Peach, Pineapple Whip: $48
  • Supersize Bottle of Maalox: $8.25
  • Carney Guarantee to Heaven, Fried Everything Belly Ache, Fun with Friends and Pineapple Whip Hangover: Priceless

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Did "lenny" get to keep his chick?