Monday, September 1, 2008
Hurricane Gustav
For those of you who know me and those who don't you will soon learn that I have a gigantic spot in my heart for dogs. I can't watch the commercials with Sarah McLachlan about the ASPCA, I literally start sobbing when the Pedigree commercials come on with the dogs in the shelter (yes, I went to the website right away and donated bags of food to the Utah County Lab Rescue). Erick would always cover my eyes when we drove up the 15 to Salt Lake passed the humane society and the ads would pop up for dogs for adoption. So a few years ago when Katrina hit New Orleans and they showed clips of dogs left behind or wet and cold I just cried and cried. Now that they have evacuated New Orleans again, they were showing clips of things left behind and Ann Curry found a little beagle that had waited out the storm all alone, he was scared and so happy to see them. How can people do that? Besides my husband the only other thing in my life that is priceless is my baby Allee. She is my family. I couldn't imagine, it just breaks my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment