Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July Weekend

We were supposed to go to mesquite for the 4th of July, but our plans changed at the last minute and we ended up staying in Lehi. So instead we made other plans...we had alot of fun.
Thursday night my brother Gavin drove down from Rexburg to hang out with us. Friday morning the boys got up bright and early and went Golfing up at Cedar Hills. Of course I had to go along and drive the cart! I gave the driving range a shot, but when I was hitting more air then balls I gave up. At the end of the 3rd hole we saw this cute little girl sitting in a lawn chair with a sign "Golf Balls, 3 for $1" I looked at her, she looked so familiar...it was one of the little girls from our church. Her gramma lives on the golf course so they go on the weekends and gather up all those lost balls and sell them. GOOD THINKING!! No overhead, pure profit. It was awesome. We talked to her parents for a little bit and off we went. The guys were supposed to play 18 holes, (I only planned on hanging around for 9) by the time they got to hole 9 they were all worn out and ready to call it quits. We got some lunch and went home.
Erick and Gavin went later and bought a bunch of fireworks and set up our BBQ, patio furniture and some tiki torches in the front yard. We were going to try to be social with our neighbors...turns out, no one was home. We BBQ'd and had an awesome time, just the 3 of us. When it started to sprinkle the guys hurried and lit off as many fireworks as they could. WHAT A MESS THEY MADE!
Saturday we decided to go up to park city. I wanted to do the zip line and Erick wanted to do the alpine slide. After we got their and found out the zipline had a 4 hour wait, we all decided to do the Alpine Slide. I was scared all the way up there and then went down what I thought was incredibly fast, but right before the end the little kid behind me came screaming up on my backside and I had to actually push down to go faster. It was alot of fun, I can't believe it took us 2 1/2 years to actually do it. We all went and saw Hancock, it was pretty good. Then of course we had to hit the outlet mall!!
Gavin had a friend that needed a ride back to Rexburg so she hung out with us on Sunday until they were ready to go back. We had dinner that night and then they headed back.
We had a lot of fun. It was so nice to just not think about packing or moving or work. I think I got a little too much sun because I was so sick by Sunday night. But it was worth it. It was nice to be able to hang out with Gavin before we move. I will miss him alot.

No comments: