Monday, March 3, 2008

Our First Thanksgiving ALONE....


This year because of circumstances we ended up doing thanksgiving on our own. Boy was that anexperience. I had always been a team player in the thanksgiving process....I could cut pickles, celery and onions like no one else, but never had to prepare the whole thing by myself. So Erick and I decided be brave and work it all out on our own. Luckily we had planned a few days ahead and had everything, the turkey had been defrosting. I have a great aversion to touching poultry on the bone....so I made Erick clean out the turkey guts. He was a little less grossed out but still grossed out. So I told him he could put on my kitchen gloves....I never said they weren't GIRLY! You can see a little pink sticking out of the turkey. We had a lot of food, and even though it was just Erick, Allee and I we had such a good time. We made sure we did everything with tradition, we set out the good plates, put out a table cloth and had every food we normally would.

Even little Allee had her own Thanksgiving dinner. We were sad we weren't able to spend it with Family. Hopefully next year we won't be alone, but if not.....At least I know how to cook a turkey!



No comments: