Why is it just me that looks at people on Facebook, Pinterest or on blogs, that I know have either more kids than I do or younger kids than I do, that seem to be able to post just about every day and most times it about stuff they've made or things they've done and I say to myself....HOW DO YOU HAVE TIME TO DO THAT?? I BARELY can make it thru the day doing the things I do and can hardly even think of doing a craft or blogging or sometimes clean my house or make dinner.
By the end of the day I'm just barely able to put my daughter to bed and drag myself to bed too (I might even be able to have an adult conversation with my husband if he's home before my coma sets in).
I then have to remember....You work full time and Mommy Full time! I hope for a day when I can be able to complete the bazillion projects I've started or hope to start, but for now it's all I can do to put in my full day of work and spend the rest with my family.
One of my personal goals is to quit judging myself on how many things on Pinterest I can or can't do. I saw a post recently from a woman that was circulating around facebook about how Pinterest has caused us as a society to become Stepford Wives/Women. We find ourselves striving to be the perfect mother, wife, cook, housekeeper because of all the things we've "pinned" and strive to do, or in my case, kick ourselves because we didn't or don't do.
Hopefully one day I'll be able to find balance...this is the year I'm hoping. That might mean 2013 won't be the year of crafts, sewing, perfecting my clean tub, homeschooling my 1 year old, rehemming my jeans perfectly, learning to use Quinoa or getting the ridiculous trainers body...maybe that's my balance.
3 comments:
This is funny. Balance is my goal this year too.
I love your last two posts! Balance is so important - I need to be better too. And that dang Pinterest! Love you!
AMEN
Post a Comment