Tuesday, November 6, 2012

10 months

My baby girl turned 10 months on the 21st of October. It's weird to think that in less than 2 months she will be a year old. I remember this time last year. This was only time during my pregnancy that I felt human although I did feel like I was 11 months pregnant at the time. (Little did I know it was just going to get worse) Erick was right in the middle of his last semester of school and we were trying not to think about what was right around the corner, completely oblivious what would happen in just a few short months. Here we are a year later and so much has changed. I look back now and miss Lincoln so much. It takes a long time to acclimate to a new place. You get used to the ease of a small town. With all the crazy weather the last few days on the east coast it had me thinking how strange it is to be in Las Vegas. To be out of the midwest. We spent more time than not in the midwest as a married couple and now we are trying to figure out this new journey we are on. I was talking to my mom the other day and saying how guilty I felt looking outside at my 80 degree clear blue sky, it is the complete antithesis of what I normally would be looking at in ALMOST November. I'm still wearing shorts and flip flops and my 1/2 closet of sweatshirts are looking pretty lonely. One day, hopefully soon this place will feel like home.

So as I was saying....
 
Avery Grace turned 10 months on the 21st. I can't believe what a a difference a month makes. For a while there it seemed like progress between the months was pretty much the same, she just got a little bigger, but you didn't notice a lot of change in development. Now that she is more active you can see HUGE steps in new learning. We went to the dr today for her 10 month check up and her 2nd flu shot. Our Dr went to pick her up and said, "My goodness you are a dense little girl your mama must have some big muscles!" She was really surprised at how much she weighed because she doesn't have any rolls like she is fat. Just pudgy cheeks and big all the way around. Her stats are:
Weight: 25 lbs 12 oz above 97th percentile
Height: 31" above 97th percentile
Head: 49.5 cent above 97th percentile
New things for Avery:
Last month she started pulling up and moving along furniture. She is much better at it now, she can move along the furniture and transfer to something next to it. The other day she was moving along the ottoman, next to it was her exersaucer so she reached out and grabbed on to it and moved over to it.
She hasn't tried to walk on her own yet, although she does stand without holding on to anything.
She has 3 words she can say, Mama, Dad, and Bubbub (Which is code for Bubbles or Bubble Guppies) she can also make a woof woof noise that sounds more like a monkey, but that's her way of barking at the dogs.
She can clap and wave bye bye, she hasn't yet mastered that waving also means hello and we are working on blowing kisses but she just looks at me like I've lost my mind.
She's eating 3 meals of solids a day and 3 bottles. She refuses to eat baby food unless they are pouches and she can do them herself. I bought her a little fork and spoon that she will use if I put food on it and hand it to her. She doesn't want me feeding her anymore. She's still obsessed with cheese. At this point I'm unwilling to fight with her about it so most every meal has a cut up string cheese in it.
Always captain destructo

Screaming that she's out of cheese

Trying on her outfit for family pictures




Random picture of Allee and I relaxing on the bed while Avery naps. It's a rare occasion around here.

someone slept on their hand during their nap.


Sometimes moms sacrifice an entire roll of paper towels to sit down for 5 minutes.


Much to our surprise she has learned to use the stairs. Up only, down is still a work in progress.


Last swim of the season.








sometimes you're too tired to hold yourself up, so you lean on mom.

Diapered bum wedgie. How does that happen.



 


Plays in and dumps the dogs water on a regular basis, also tried dog food the other day. I let her so maybe she wouldn't do it again, I was wrong.

Tried to take a walk with Rubee

 

Went down the slide all by herself


regular tub occurrence. Poop in the tub.






Alot of Bubble guppies being watched in our house. Same episode over and over and over again.


Feathers for her costume. HATES THEM




afternoon runs now require "cold weather gear"








She actually took her own picture

explaining to Dad how the iphone works.

Like mother like daughter...leopard print is her fav :)


refuses to sit down in the bathtub anymore and won't hold onto the side either.

Gramma sent these....they are somewhat fitting in this stage of her life.

We've learned to climb. I turn my back for 1 minute and she's destroys 3 boxes and has climbed over the other to get to the TV
We love you so much Avery Grace.

1 comment:

Amy Rose said...

She is so cute, and so big!!