Height: 29 inches - 90th Percentile
Weight: 24 lbs - 99th percentile (actually off the charts, but the dr was trying to be nice)
Head: 48 3/4 cm - 99th percentile
I wanted to wait to write this post until today since we were going to the dr and I wanted to have all her measurements for posterity.
On 9/12/12 it was exactly 38 weeks since she was born. The same amount of time I was pregnant with her. The above picture was right before we headed to the hospital to have her. Even though I knew I was scheduled to have her the next week, I was so miserable and just DONE. I was so happy she heard my pleas and decided to come out early.
Shortly after my 8 month post Avery started saying Mama and Dada a little more clearer. She talks to the TV and to other things all the time. It really sounds like she's having a conversation with them, but you have no idea what she's saying. Now her new words are "buh buh buh buh" she'll start saying it to the TV when Bubble Guppies come on. And just the other day she started crawling to the door as Erick was leaving, as soon as the door closed I said, oh no...Uh oh...Dad's gone, she flipped around and said "uh oh" it sounded more like a very breathy "ho ho". Every once in a while she will try to mimic the sounds you make if you say a word to her. It never comes out sounding like that actual word, but you can tell she's trying to make the noise.
She's started pulling up to stand on just about everything. She doesn't realize sometimes that somethings she tries to get up on move. So we've had a few mishaps. We've also had to block off the TV stand downstairs because she's bonked her head a few times. She just barely started to move side to side across the ottoman. I was sitting playing with her on the floor and she obviously would have rather been with Daddy and made her way to the other end of the ottoman. I was really surprised. She thinks she can walk because she'll stand and then let go of whatever she's standing by. She learns real fast that she can't walk. I think it won't be long before she actually does.
Teeth! TEETH! They are killing us! right now she has the 2 bottom ones fully in, the one just to the right on the bottom is coming in, but not the one on the left side. So that's 3 on the bottom, her top left is 1/2 way in, top right is 1/4 way in and then tooth just to the left of the front left is almost popped thru, so that's 3 on top. She looks a little like a jack o' lantern.
Below are a few pictures from this last month.
Painted toe nails
Irritating the poor dogs. Allee gets up as soon as she sees her even headed towards her. Rubee will let her wallow all over her and never really move.
We've moved into 12 month outfits. This was one Gramma Mimi bought when we were in Carlsbad. I didn't think she would fit into it just yet. But we've made the move up.
Football onesie I made for Game day.
We bought her a walker and she loves it until she gets stuck in a corner. We have a little bit of tile around the living room, kitchen and then back into the downstairs bathroom. I've found her more than once in the bathroom, luckily when she's in this thing she can't get into much trouble.
We went to the pool a few times this month. She loves the water and splashing around.
Pulling up on everything.
She HATES the ball pit. I didn't know babies could HATE a ball pit, but my baby does. She'll be in it for about 3 minutes before she has a major freak out and I have to take her out. Good thing I didn't invest in an actual little ball pit.
Avery loves going jogging/walking with me in the evenings. After I get off work we usually hit the road until I get too tired and then we head home, it's really too hot to go very far, but we make it around the neighborhood and back up past the park. It's alot more fun for her then for mommy, but mommy needs to get her butt in shape.
Along with teeth comes creative teethers...organic carrots are perfect. Peel it and chill it in the fridge and it's perfect, she can't bite thru it.
Minions...but what's cuter is her bum bobbling up and down to the music.



We had to lower the crib mattress. We've found her standing up alot. Pretty much when she's done sleeping she'll get up on the side and cry and if you don't respond in a timely manner she'll temper tantrum scream.
Her other big milestone for this last month is clapping. She hasn't yet caught on to waving bye bye, but she'll clap at everything. She even claps when she's in the middle of a crying fit. It's sad and cute all at the same time. She's now started to associate the word "Yeah!" with clapping so sometimes if you'll say "YEAH!" she'll start clapping. It's hit and miss though.
First experience with Blues Clues. She's not so sure about it.
When you don't like what's on the menu, just destroy it.
Lastly, Avery decided one day to chuck my phone across the aisle at the grocery store. The audible gasp out of the worker lady that saw it was enough to send me over the edge. It had a case on it and everything, the force of how she threw it knocked the case right off and shattered the back. At that moment my heart screamed for in that moment i realized I was truly a mom and this is why we can't have nice things. I held it together and smiled like it was no big deal when we were checking out, but i came home and cried a little.




















3 comments:
Holy cow, she is so cute. And getting so BIG!! Good luck with the teeth - it's rough getting those bad boys through. They're cute though!
Awe... I SO miss you and Avery!!
Awe... I SO miss you and Avery. We must make a plan to get together again.
Post a Comment