Tuesday, May 29, 2012

5 Months Already! May 21, 2012

This month has flown by and yet gone so slow. When I looked back through all the pictures I posted there were so many great memories from such a horrible month. This little girl has been such a trooper this month, we've been living out of suitcases and different houses for the whole month and only the last few days has she really began to be upset about it. 
5 Months isn't usually when you go to the dr so we wouldn't normally have any stats on her, but since we ended up in Urgent care a few days ago we at least know her weight (more on that later) She's a whopping 16.9 lbs it's still only the 80th percentile. I could definitely tell a difference in the weight of the infant carrier lately. It's about breaking my back. It's A WHOLE lot different from carrying around a 7 pounder. 

We did go to the doctor for her 4 month shots a little after her 4 month mark, so I guess that technically falls under the 5 month post. These shots were alot harder then the first set. She cried for a long time and I couldn't get her to calm down with a bottle so we walked out of the office with a screaming girl and lots of "I've been there..." looks from moms in the waiting room. Once we got outside everything was fine. 
We also had an appointment with the Pediatric Gastro. They put Avery on a special rice cereal for her bottle and gave her Prilosec instead of the Zantac. I'm not super convinced either one are helping. We have another appointment at the end of the month so we'll see what happens. They said the next step could be an Upper GI. Since I don't want my little girl to go thru that, I kinda hope that he says just to keep at it and start her on solids. He told us to hold off on the solids until we could get the reflux under control. 
April 28th Avery and I took ANOTHER plane ride. This time to CA. Grampa picked us up at the airport. She did so good and our flight wasn't full at all so she was able to have her own seat. 
Sadly this wasn't so much of a vacation visit. Erick was having major surgery on Monday at UCLA so we had to pack up and leave our house for a month.
April 28th also happened to be Erick and My 6th Anniversary. Since I was flying and Erick was driving with the dogs, we didn't really get to spend it together. The next day we were going down to Santa Monica to stay the night before surgery since he had to check in at 5AM. Avery stayed with Gramma overnight (which about killed me leaving her for the first time) and Erick and I had a quick dinner together at our favorite place in Santa Clarita before we went to the hotel. 

We spent a week at Gamma and Grampa Shea's house in Acton while Erick was in the hospital. Gramma was so nice to come out from Virginia to help with Avery while I worked. 
 Brayden, Luke and Ryder came to visit alot. They were so fascinated by Avery.
 They liked to help her play with toys while she was in her "bum bum" (The chair is actually called a Bumbo, but Luke said "Avery I really like that Bum Bum you have there")
 Rubee did some supervising while Avery slept in the swing.
We spent time outside watching the dogs run around the yard and catch the balls.
 Our feet became a very interesting activity.

Erick was released from the hospital at the end of the week and because I had to work Avery and I stayed in Acton until Saturday. We packed up all our stuff and the dogs and headed down to Carlsbad to start our next stay with Gramma and Grampa Sayer for the next 3 weeks while Erick rehabbed.

We spent some time with Aunt Elizabeth.
Erick's Brother Adam and his wife Elizabeth are staying with the Sayers for the summer while they both have internships in San Diego. It was nice to be able to see them but I'm sure they were super glad once we left. Avery and I shared a jack and jill bathroom that connected to their room and since Avery's sleep schedule was all thrown off she was up at 230AM every morning wanting to talk.
We got to put our feet in the pool alot! It was too cold most of the time to actually go swimming but we went out almost every day and put our feet in.
Avery also went to Legoland for the first time. Ashley, Matt and the boys came down one Saturday and we went to Legoland. We were only there just a few hours and it was more social then anything because obviously Avery is too small for anything there, but BOY did she love being outside. She was awake the WHOLE time except for the last 15 minutes before we left.

Aunt Elizabeth took some super awesome pictures for us for "gramma presents" for Mothers day. Some of them turned out so cute. Avery also started sitting up by herself a little bit. She's still a little wobbly and usually ends up leaning all the way forward but we are working on it.
This was my first official mothers day. Last mothers day I was only 7 weeks pregnant so reality hadn't really set in yet. This year was different. I had a perfect little representation of mothers day. We had dinner and Avery got me some sparkly flip flops (Thanks to a little help from Dad and Gramma) and we ended the night with a little cuddle on the bed.

We hung out and got a new stuffed elephant because we thought it was cute.
We swam with Aunts and Cousins.
and Swam
and swam some more.

We met our other girl Cousin Emmy.

Played in our exersaucer ALOT. This is where Avery spent her time while I was in the shower.
We learned to hold our own bottle because we were too impatient with mom.
Avery still can't roll...or won't roll, I'm not sure now which it is. Sometimes I think it's more stubbornness. She hates being put down so if you put her on her belly she gets mad and cries. I try to leave her there to see if she'll get mad enough to roll over onto her back but it never happens. So she is just in the perpetual "pre-roll" she'll get most of it over but just can't execute the rest.

So our trip to the Urgent Care....Friday morning I was sitting at the kitchen table talking to Mimi and feeding Avery. Avery usually falls asleep towards the end of her bottle but this time she wanted to sit up and see what we were talking about so I plopped her on my lap and saw something in her hair, I thought it was a piece of lint and tried to flicked it off with my free hand and it wouldn't move but then I saw it MOVE and I got a little more aggressive with my flick. Nothing happened so I freaked out. Mimi by then was on the phone calling the pool guy and I screamed, Mimi there is something on Avery's head and I can't get it off...She came over real quick and tried to flick it off and it wouldn't move so she pried it off with her finger nails. Luckily she had the forethought to save it in a plastic bag just in case. We weren't really sure what it was. I thought it was a tick since it was stuck on her head and looked like it was getting ready to burrow. Mimi took it out to her contractor who's wife has Lyme disease and he said it looks like a tick and we should call the pediatrician and get her on antibiotics just in case. So I called our Ped in Vegas and they said they couldn't give us anything without an exam. So by that time it was 5PM on Friday and I had no choice but to get up the next morning and go to urgent care. They called the infectious disease doctor and he said since it was till in tact and still alive, she had no signs of a bite or Lyme disease that she should be ok and not to give her antibiotics. They sent it out to the lab for testing and it came back confirmed a tick but negative for Lyme so we were super lucky and happy. But we spent almost the entire day in Oceanside at Rady's Children's Hospital Urgent Care. After that we got tick medication for the dogs and checked ourselves every time we came inside. Who knew we would have to worry about ticks in Carlsbad!

While we were there Avery turned 5 months old. This was her little picture on her 5 month birthday. We didn't have her bear to take a picture with so we'll have to do that when we get home.
We spent ALOT of time outside. Avery loved being outside in the cool air watching the dogs run around the back yard. Sometimes when she was really fussy if we took her outside she would calm right down. There were many nights I had to come downstairs at 10 or 11 at night to pace the patio.
We played in our bumbo on the kitchen counter
Gramma thought Avery needed a new song instead of One Direction so she tried to convince her that Taylor Swift was the best...(Sorry Gramma, One Direction is still the best.)
We spent the mornings hanging out in Mom's room watching Ratatouille
Or in Dad's room watching Ratatouille.
We started reaching for things above our head.
and putting things in our mouth.
including our toes and sometimes part of our foot.
We cuddled with Allee on the bed (or should I say Allee cuddled with us on the bed)
We took naps with Dad.
and naps while mom worked.
Spent more time in our exersaucer. WE LOVE IT!
Tried a little Sprite for the first time. That was an unintentional slip on mom's part but then it was like baby crack and it was a must!
and there you have it...my baby girl is 5 months old! SLOW DOWN I NEED MORE TIME WITH YOU AS A LITTLE ONE!!

2 comments:

Lara said...

She is so dang cute. I basically want to comment on every picture because she looks so adorable. And her hair looks like its coming in really dark. I love the swimming pictures and the "bum bum" pictures and the sleeping pictures and the one of her with you on Mother's Day - those cheeks. It makes me miss Teddy at that age!

Courtney said...

WOW.... what a crazy, busy month you guys had. Having them get shots are definitely the worst, makes me almost want to cry as well. I really hope the Acid Reflux is getting figured out, poor girl. I absolutely love the pictures of her for Mothers day in the gray and yellow!! SO CUTE! You told me you found a tick on her, but I didn't realize the entire dilemma you had to go through... how horrible. We miss you guys and hope to get to see you guys REALLY soon!