Sunday, February 12, 2012

Motherhood

This was sent to me by my friend on the day I needed to hear it probably the absolute most. 
There are days when I drag myself into bed after particularly long days of just barely making it from one feeding to the next, not having accomplished anything besides making bottles, changing diapers and holding my little girl so she won't scream. My house is a mess, the dishes are piling up in the sink, we haven't had clean clothes in days, my husband had a frozen pizza for dinner and all I've had all day is 2 Diet Cokes, 3 Oreos a banana and no shower. As I lay my head on the pillow I cry silent tears thinking...I just hope I've done enough, however my feeble attempt is at this motherhood thing. I worry because we didn't read a book that day or we didn't play enough, or did I pay enough attention to her or she slept too much or not enough, or should I be reading more about vaccines or am I a bad mom because she's on formula or not in cloth diapers. Those are the days I need to remember i'm not alone and whatever my feeble attempt is He will make up the difference

"Yours is the work of salvation, and therefore you will be magnified, compensated, made more than you are and better than you have ever been as you try to make honest effort, however feeble you may sometimes feel that to be...He is blessing you and He will bless you, even—no, especially—when your days and your nights may be the most challenging." - Elder Jeffrey R Holland 


click here for the full conference address

1 comment:

Nickell said...

I know we've never met in person but I feel like I know you. So I'm just going to tell you right now. DO NOT EVER think you're a bad mom for not doing cloth diapers or FORMULA! I run out of milk super early on and have to do formula because there's just not another option. A good friend of mine had to do formula from the beginning because her milk never came in. Whatever the reason you're doing formula doesn't matter. You're feeding your child and that's what is important! Also, just the fact that you're so worried about all of these things proves that you're an amazing mother! Worrying and motherhood just goes hand in hand I think! Heavenly Father trusted you with that sweet angel for a reason!