Wednesday, October 5, 2011

27 weeks...28 weeks??

Wow, time just flies!! We had another doctors appointment today. I'm now an "every 2 weeks girl" the doctor says. Early on in my pregnancy it seemed like forever between appointments. There was always so much anticipation to get in there again and be able to see the baby and make sure everything was ok. When you don't feel the baby move for those first 6 months, you really need the heartbeat Doppler and Ultrasounds to reassure you that everything is going as planned. And in some cases to convince you again that "yes Megan, you are having a baby, you better get used to it" Now that I'm going every 2 weeks I wake up and I think... "Doctor...AGAIN?" I know it's only going to get worse because in 6 weeks I'm down to once a week. WHAT? Once a week? No one wants to look at the scale that often!! I already wear the lightest clothes I own and make sure I don't eat before I go!
This time we were actually able to see Baby Girls face. Because she's been so low every time and face up against my placenta we've never gotten a good face shot. She's got a little pug 'Shea' nose (at least I think so!) The other thing they did was schedule her birthday.
I'm still measuring a week ahead so let's hope I make it that far. I've known since the beginning that I wasn't in for a normal delivery so I've been able to come to terms with the C-Section. It's actually been nice that the crazy in me has a plan. The unknown was too much for me to handle. I know there is still the possibilty of going into labor earlier, but I also know there will be NONE of that hours and hours of labor. 

 Here are a few things I've learned and things I'll never get used to:
  • Increased clumsiness. Holy cow! You read about it on all the websites, blogs and books, but until you experience it, you just think it's all hooey. This morning I was climbing onto the corner of the bed and almost went over the side head first. Luckily Erick was there to pull me back or I would have been right over the edge! You can't just pull your arms out from under you and land on your belly anymore.
  • I used to be able to turn the shopping cart around in front of me in the store. I tried today and got stuck. You forget that the depth of your frame is no longer the same and you can't fit that cart in front of your belly any longer. (Luckily no one was around to see me shimmy out of the way).
  • Maternity clothes...although somewhat comfy...are NEVER the same size from brand to brand. I know this seems like it's no different from regular clothes, but seriously. Between Old Navy, Motherhood and Target I can't figure out what size I actually am. Old Navy I'm either right at preprego size or a size smaller, Target I have to buy 2 sizes bigger than my preprego size, Motherhood is hit and miss, you really have to try it on. Seriously, in this time where your body is all out of whack anyway do you really have to mess with my head like that? I've returned more clothes then I actually have kept.
  • Speaking of Body changes....Oh my heavens. The rapid body changes are insane. Last night I had a little breakdown because I went to put on a shirt that I had just warn probably 2 days before. It didn't fit and that was about the end of my rapidly fraying rope. Here come the water works. It might as well have been a midriff belly shirt. So in it went into the "doesn't fit right now but I'm not giving it up yet" box.
  • Working out is no longer as easy as it used to be. I used to run on the treadmill everyday, now I'm lucky if I can get up and down the stairs without being winded. I've found that if I walk on the treadmill bare foot and slower than I'm used to I can make it about 15 minutes before I'm done.
  • My memory SUCKS! The other day I was sitting at my desk and thought I needed to go out to the kitchen to get something. I got as far as the hall way and forgot what I needed, so i figured if I wandered around the kitchen for a minute it would come back to me. Nope! so I went back to my office. Sat for a few minutes, remembered what I needed, got back to the kitchen and forgot. Let out a big scream and went back to my office. Never did remember what I needed. I spend a lot of my shopping repeating things I remember as I'm walking thru the door. You may ask, well why don't you just make a list...oh I do, but I forget something and remember as I'm walking thru the door. So I have to repeat "bobby pins, bobby pins, bobby pins" as I B-line it straight for the bobby pins. Today I went to Target specifically for lotion, (I usually walk around the store in a haze anyway, so if you see me, most likely i'm not paying attention and you'll have to catch me), I went right past the lotion aisle until I remembered, oh yeah! LOTION, I got down the aisle when I ran into my friend Traci, we talked for a while (it was really good to see her and her new baby!) as soon as we were done I was like...what did I need down here, was it face wash or lotion?, luckily i stood there for long enough to just pick up both face wash and lotion and walk away (p.s i didn't need face wash, I got home and found I had 3 other bottles under the sink, but I never know when I'll actually need it and walk out without it).
  • I'm pretty sure the baby can hear the dogs bark. Call me crazy, but she goes crazy when they bark. They usually sleep under my desk during the day while I work and certain things will set them off. The mail man's truck coming, the UPS guy ringing the door bell or the garbage trucks. When they hear them they start growling and barking under the desk and then take off out the door. The minute they start barking the baby goes crazy! I know they say by 7 or 8 months they can start to hear and recognize you and your husbands voices but I just thought that's because it's so close to them. Who knows. I hope she gets used to it because we've had a REALLY hard time getting the girls to stop barking so much. We are trying, but they rile each other up and then there is no stopping them.  
 ^This is the reason for all my above statements.

We are slowly getting the nursery together. Although I'm not really "decorating" per say because more than likely (fingers crossed) we won't be here very long after the baby arrives. Not that I don't love our Nebraska friends and our cute little house, but moving on means we are moving forward and it's really time to get out of the "student phase" and on to bigger and better things.
Having said that, we are acquiring a few things for the nursery that's making it more and more real.
My parents bought us a bassinet for the baby. I couldn't get a good picture of it because it's sorta jammed into the nursery, but you can see it next to the chair. I love it, it has a moses basket that I can take out. I'm hoping that after I go back to work that will come in handy.
We also got a glider from the Sayers. We had to order it and it finally came in this past week. It's super comfy and I've spent a few lunch breaks in that chair practically drifting off to sleep. I figure you better have something comfortable because you're going to be spending alot of time in it. Once I go on Maternity leave we'll move the small TV I have in my office to the Nursery so I'm not bored to death during those late night feedings. Baby Girl is already prepping me for those late nights already. She has her her days and nights mixed up, so she's practicing her somersaults from 1130PM to about 500AM every night. I've tried to learn to sleep as much as I can thru it, but right about 5AM she'll kick me in the bladder and then I'm up! and I'm up for the rest of the day.
We bought some bedding a few months ago as a knee jerk reaction. I thought I would grow to love it but I never did. I came across some separates from Carters and fell in love. I showed it to Erick and he said he was perfect for what we had been looking for, so i returned what we had and bought this. This picture doesn't really do it justice but we really love it. It's Pink, Green, Brown and White. I had to get it all set up even though I know she probably won't sleep in it while we are here in Nebraska because we have the bassinet, but it's so cute to see it all put together.
We still have an unbelievable amount of things we still need to get. It seems like such a daunting task I just want to bury my head in the sand and pretend it isn't coming up so fast.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Yes, pregnancy changes a lot of things... but how exciting!! Your nursery is going to be adorable!I can't wait to meet your little girl!

Tricia Bagley said...

How exciting! Good luck with everything! My C-section was a complete surprise, so at lest you're prepared for it. I've heard that when you know it's going to happen it's not too bad :) I hope all goes well.

Kelli said...

I am so excited for you. I bet you are loving being able to feel the baby move. I always did! It sounds like you are keeping busy. I really miss talking to you. Maybe one day when we aren't busy I will call. Glad things are going so well. Miss you!

Amy Rose said...

Yay! The cute blankets I got really will look so cute with a baby wrapped up tight in them in that crib.

Have you experienced the loss of being able to hold on to things? It has happened to me with every pregnancy. There is some sort of hormone when you are pregnant that makes your joints looser (for obvious labor and delivery reasons, sure, but it is NOT handy when you keep dropping the ketchup). Devin didn't believe me through the first two pregnancies that I just couldn't hold on to things, but then we researched it a little bit and now I don't feel so bad when I drop every single thing I try to hold.

kelly said...

we are so happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!