Thursday, June 17, 2010

Easy Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

Thanks to my sister I tried this recipe (with a few changes) and LOVED it.

  • 1 Can cream of chicken soup (Reg or 98% fat free, I used FF)
  • 1/2 Sour Cream (I used Light)
  • 1 C Pace Picante Sauce (I used Medium)
  • 2 t Chili powder (I would use 1t, it was a little spicy)
  • 2 C chopped cooked chicken
  • 1/2 C shredded cheese (I used Cheddar, recipe calls for Monterey Jack)
  • 6 flour tortillas, warmed
  • 1 sm tomato, chopped (optional)
  • 1 green onion, sliced (optional)
  1. Heat oven to 350. Stir soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.
  2. Stir 1 C of soup mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.
  3. Divide the chicken mixture amount the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side up in a 2 quart shallow baking dish. Pout the remaining soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.
  4. Bake for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato and onion (optional)
  5. TIP: Optional Ingredient: Stir 1/2 C canned black beans, drained and rinsed, into the chicken mixture before filling the tortillas, if desired.

1 comment:

Tricia Bagley said...

I had a roommate that used to make something like this but I didn't have a recipe. Thanks for posting it! I'll probably make it this week!