Let's catch up from the last post oh so many months ago...I can't believe it's already May 1st. How has 4 months just flown by.
Erick is on the home stretch of his 2nd year. As of today he only has 1 more final on Wednesday to take before he's done. This seems like it's been a long school year. It was stressful at best. Erick used the Christmas break to finish is writing sample for Moot Court. We found out shortly after school started that he was accepted. He has a beautiful certificate that I had framed and hung up. I am so proud of him. It's a nice little addition to his resume. We still have about 2 years left here in our Lincoln experience. Since Erick is getting his MBA at the same time as Law School he won't be done with classes until the December after his graduating class. The mid-year graduation ceremony is so small and held at the law school so we have decided to wait and he'll actually walk in the graduation in May of 2012. He's worked so hard I felt like her really deserved all the pomp and circumstance as well as a big party. He'll be taking the Bar in the beginning of the year which I am hoping will give us a leg up on all the other graduates at the same time. We shall see, I'm crossing my fingers where ever he gets a job it has more of the comforts of home, not so many tornado warnings and less bugs.
We were worried for so long that Erick wouldn't be able to find an internship for the summer. The economy has been so bad that not alot of firms are hiring. We spent all of Christmas break sending out 150 resumes. So many responses were that the firm wasn't even sponsoring a summer program. We are happy to report that Erick did get a job for this summer with the U.S Attorneys office. We are just waiting for his security clearance paperwork to be approved and then we'll know his start date. For now we are still waiting...so it looks like I'll be able to keep him busy for the remainder of May with honey dos.
He is going to CA for a few days right after finals to spend a few days with his family. Because of the weather over the holidays we haven't been home for almost a year.
I took this quarter off of school. I had originally signed up for Chemistry this quarter, but after I got into it I realized I was less then prepared and with so much going on over the next few months I knew I couldn't give it my full attention and I REALLY needed to give it my full attention. I just have 2 classes left until I can start applying to nursing programs. Chemistry is one of them and I won't finish that until the Fall so I have a little time. There are 3 schools out here that have varying requirements so I'm taking it a little slower and trying to get alot of the general classes out of the way before I apply just because we aren't really in a position right now where I can quit my job and go to school full time and unfortunately because my work hours are so awful I can't get off work early enough to go on the part time track. So I'll just keep plugging away, I'm sure by the time I'm done I'll have enough credits for a few different degrees :) So because I have a month until my next classes start I've been trying to focus on house projects. If you've ever been to our house you would know the previous tenants had quite the eclectic taste in paint colors. Every room is a different color and I mean COLOR! My office is BROWN/PURPLE...seriously so ugly. The room next to it was sort of the catch all room where Erick kept his suits and shoes. It was a dark teal color. So I decided to repaint that room and then I'll move my office to that room and repaint that something other than the awful brown color. I'm almost done with the first room. It's a beautiful creamy pale yellow. I painted all the baseboards, mouldings and window well white. If I could be in love with a room it would be this room. As soon as I'm completely finished I'll post some more pictures, I just have a few touch ups to do and the door moulding to paint and I'll be done.
We are so happy that a little warmer weather is here. I know it won't last long and before we know it it'll be hot and humid...I already have 2 mosquito bites as evidence. Now is the time I'm trying to plant our garden and get our planters in order. The dogs are loving spending time outside and I'm grateful they can get out of my hair. Rubee is finally starting to calm down a little. She got so hairy we had to shave her just to get her cooled off.
Lastly, but not leastly we are SO looking forward to a little stressful vacation home to California at the end of July for my Brother Gavins wedding. He FINALLY pulled the trigger and asked Kara to marry him. We are all very excited for them. We will be away from Nebraska just about 2 weeks, it's a shame that most of our vacation is taken up with driving. But being so far from CA and having to be gone for so long we can't really board the dogs so they must come with....
I have 3 months and 7 days to lose 15 lbs in order not to look like a giant blob in pictures....Off to the treadmill!!
**Catching up on my correspondence: Blog Update = Check!
No comments:
Post a Comment