Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Health care-smealth care

This post isn't what you think it's gonna be about. Because I'm sad to admit that I'm a 32 year old woman that doesn't understand politics, nor do I care much, I just ask Erick...."so what's the bottom line, how does this effect me?"

So really I don't care much about the health care I NEED DENTAL CARE!! For the longest time I thought we had the crappiest dental insurance available... UNTIL our company decided to switch and NOW we have the crappiest dental insurance available! I think the only way it could
get crappier is no insurance at all.

So, I have the worst teeth (thank you Mom!) and I am constantly in need of a root canal. It's like it skips right over the cheap repairs and straight to the expensive stuff. Before we moved out here I had to have 2 root canals at almost $1000. I knew I needed something done to another one because it felt like I had chipped it. I waited as long as I could until it was hurting and went to the dentist, turns out a filling had fallen out and because it was a deep filling it now needs a root canal...I could have figured that one!

The dentist scheduled my root canal for 3 weeks later!!! 3 WEEKS!!!
Luckily it was on the last day of my less crappy insurance. The antibiotics they gave me made me sick for 10 days straight, and Over these 3 weeks it's gotten worse to the point that now I have a sinus infection, I run a fever most of the afternoon and I my plan was to get back in the wagon with my running but every step literally feels like a hammer to my sinuses. Luckily this Wednesday is the end of the wait.

So I say to you... Don't you think it would be more advantageous for insurance companies to pay 100% of pulling all your teeth and dentures!! Because at this point I only have 2 molars without crowns and I'm all for it!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

That's what all the people in Indiana do, have all their teeth pulled and get dentures. It's really weird and you can totally tell that they're not their teeth.