I must preface this post with a big thank you to my Brother In Law Matthew for spending an hour and a half on the phone making sure that someone knew if I electrocuted myself and could call 911.
I think I missed my life calling....I should have been a handy WOMAN. Erick and I laugh a little because he's the brainiac one and I'm the one that can figure things out around the house. It was a requirement from my Dad that before we got our drivers license we had to be able to drive a stick shift, change a tire and change our own oil. My Dad did everything around the house when we were growing up so I guess I got that from him.
So I was surfing the Internet last week and came across a "15 ways to lower your electric bill" I pressed the link with the most gusto I could possibly muster...after all, hello, starving college students, I would do anything to lower our electric bill. Some of the things we couldn't do but there were others that I thought..YES, YES I CAN. One of the items was a outside light timer that goes on and off on a timer or on and off with Sunset and Sunrise. For those of you who have ever driven passed our house in the middle of the day, probably 5 days out of 7 our stupid outside lights are on. There are 2 switches on a 2 switch panel and inevitably one of us hits the switch and doesn't realize the lights are on so they are just lighting up the whole neighborhood in the middle of the day. So for $20 I ordered this little diddy below and installed it myself!!
In order to ensure I was being the safest possible I turned off the main power to the house...which unfortunately caused a massive amount of clock resets but well worth it so I didn't end up in a heaping mass on the floor. Once I opened up the switch box...Holy Begeesus! There were a mass amounts of wires that weren't connected to anything.
Thank you again Matt for helping me figure out what all the wires were and making sure I didn't kill myself! (Thank heavens for picture text messages...you can get so much done if you are 1500 miles away)
Next project....Puppy Cam....Just waiting for it to come in the mail. (I just love google and amazon.)
1 comment:
I am SO glad you bought a puppy cam! That is going to be hours, nay a LIFETIME of fun! I am going to need a full account of the schenanigans. You may have inspired me to make such a purchase.
Post a Comment