Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One of those days..

Have you ever had one of those days were you just can't pinpoint which one of the things in your life is driving you the most crazy.
Today it could be any manner of things...and there are quite a few.
Could it be that my desk is such a mess I'm not sure if it's still black or the bright white shade of 20lb Hammermill Multipurpose paper.
or the fact that I have no idea how much money we have right now because I had to send my precious laptop back to Dell to be repaired of all it's ailments and my life's balance sheet is on it....(I'm not talented enough to maintain quicken on 2 different computers you see...and DELL, as soon as my company gets with times and supports Mac's YOU ARE OUT OF HERE!)
or because I don't know what color grass or trees are any longer because my view of the world is very white, gray and dormant tree bark.
or because I've had a sum total of about 3 hours of sleep thanks to our new addition and part of that I wouldn't call sleep because about 1/2 way thru I shot out of bed and ran to her crate, picked her up and brought her back to our bed. Not really knowing why the sense of urgency, nor could I explain to my husband what I was doing.
or the fact that I am still sitting here in my gym clothes at 2:30PM, completely lacking the motivation to go running and listen to Lance Armstrong telling what am awesome job I'm doing, but hoping that if I sit in them a little longer maybe I'll do something about it. (doubt it, they are way too comfortable to get all sweaty!) Good thing my Nike + sensor is telling me I haven't walked but about 100 feet the whole day.
My friend Jessica and I have this really annoying habit that when we just can't stand work any more we'll email a portion of the lyrics to Kokomo to each other almost like our updated version of "CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!"
So for today I think i'll try to forget my desk, sleep, gym clothes and finances for just a few minutes and.....
Aruba, Jamaica, ooooh I wanna take ya
To Bermuda, Bahamas, Com'mon pretty Mama
Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go....

3 comments:

Trevor and Shelby said...

Megan! We just saw in the news that part of the midwest freeze includes -27 degrees in Nebraska! So sorry! Come home to us soon. You think they'd let you borrow some degrees from us? 75 here yesterday? (I know, that doesn't help). And Trev says he likes the new dog and hope the 2 get along..

Kelli said...

Definatly have days like that. Hope tommorow goes better.

Jillian said...

I think I have been having that day since about 2007.