This is what the Midwest is all about.
The plows finally came about 10:30 last night. Boy was it quite the ruckus.
This morning Erick went out to survey the damage. There was a wall of snow and ice in our driveway that he had to tackle in order to get out. He started with the snow blower and then resorted to the shovel since most of it was ice. I watched as he kept at it for a little while.
Next thing you know a guy comes down the street on his quad with a plow attachment. They exchange words, I'm sure a little bit of "Plow Envy" on Erick's part
(I know I was watching with A LOT of PLOW ENVY from the office, I have seen him with his quad a few times and everytime I tell Erick, I NEED ONE!)
A few more words and the guy takes off a few houses down, makes a giant loop in the street and guns the ignition. He smashes into our wall of snow like it was a dollop of whip cream. Back down the other way a few houses, giant loop and guns the ignition again. More whip cream moved out of the way. In 2 short trips he had our driveway cleared. If that wasn't enough he hopped of his quad and started shoveling the rest out of the way with Erick.
We have never met this man, I've seen him a few times going up and down the street on his cute little contraption clearing out some of the snow mountains, but we've never stopped to exchange pleasantries. Today he became our neighbor "Chris" from 4 houses down.
This is the Midwest.
(It's a little dark because I'm trying to take a picture out my office window)



No comments:
Post a Comment