It seems like it's happening more and more where I look at Erick and say, Where did the year go? I feel like our time here in Nebraska is just flying by and although we are excited for the new things that will happen in our future, I don't know that we are really ready. Luckily (or Sadly) we have 2 more years to figure it out. So since October has just flown by, here's just a short recap of what we've done.






Erick went to California for our new nephew Justin's blessing. Allee waited patiently for her Dad to come back. 

The next Saturday morning we woke up to this:



I wasn't quite ready for snow. But I guess Mother Nature didn't really care what I was ready for. Luckily most of it melted off by the mid afternoon. I was happy about that because I hosted a baby shower for my friend Jana that afternoon. 




I made a diaper cake for the shower. When I told Erick I was making a diaper cake he thought I was making a cake shaped like a diaper and tried to talk me out of it.

The Sunday after the shower I headed to California for work, that same night Erick was on his way back from California. We just barely missed each other in Phoenix. So sad.
I spent most of October in California for work. It wasn't my most favorite time, but I was able to be there for my sisters birthday. She didn't know I was coming. I flew in Sunday night and went to work the next day and after I went to her house and surprised her. She almost didn't open the door.
I spent the rest of the week at work. I forget how stressful it is to be there. AND I forgot what the commute was like. This is what my commute looked like on a good day. It averaged an hour and 25 minutes to go 30 miles. I certainly don't miss that.

Friday was my sisters birthday. I made it out of work just barely in enough time to make dinner at Chi Chi's in Santa Clarita and then we went back to her house for presents.


I got to spend some time with my cute nephews.


Sadly after 10 days it was time to head back to Lincoln.
Lastly, the end of the month Erick and I finished up a few home projects we've been working on. We put up Wainscoting on the little halfie wall by the basement stairs. It looks so good. I love it. we just have to reinstall baseboards and it's done.


I wish we had a before picture for this one. The left side of our house has a little retaining wall/planter box that we've put red mulch in and planted some plants. But the right side of our house was about 2 feet of dirt, weeds, rock, etc. No retaining wall/planter box. It's been that way for as long as we've lived here and it just looked ghetto, and I mean GHHHHEEETTTOOO!!, So we finally bought some bricks and bricked in a planter box. Erick put some red mulch down. We haven't put plants in it yet. We'll have to wait for spring for that. Since it's gotten cold nothing will grow now. But at least our house looks evened out. The only problem we have to conquer now is the 2 different color reds in the mulch. The front and left side is a lighter color. Oh well. One problem at a time.

1 comment:
I loved my shower! you're the shizzle!
Post a Comment