Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I {HEART} FALL

There is something truly magical about a Nebraska Fall....I know it's a little early to be writing about Fall since we aren't technically there yet. But as I sat here today with ALL of my windows open and a sweater on, I realized the little pieces of Nebraska I actually enjoy.
The weather almost overnight turned cool. The humidity was gone just as fast, the mosquitoes have gone back to their mosquito hiding places, neighbors spend the evenings in lawn chairs in their driveway sipping on bottles of their drink of choice, and it's starting to get darker earlier. The tips of the leaves are starting to turn a buttery yellow but just ever so slightly.
The people of Nebraska start to get a little crazy right about this time. You see, College Football begins on Saturday. Friends on Facebook are gloating about picking up their season tickets, the grocery stores are jam packed with more Husker paraphernalia than usual and tons of invites are filling my inbox for "tail gating parties". Erick and I are now worrying about how we are going to fit our chores around the football games and outdoor activities.
So although as a whole Nebraska isn't my favorite state I am willing to admit:
I {HEART} Nebraska Falls

2 comments:

Trevor and Shelby said...

Way to find the positive side of life. So if the Huksers and Cougars played, you would root for...?

kelly said...

wow - so good to hear from you, its been so long. so sad huh, they are such great people and so amazing now! he is in a good place. how are you both?!!!