It's been a while since I've updated on our life. Mainly because I've been down and out with only 1 working arm. I just went through all our pics and posted some below of what's been going on for the last 3 weeks. We've been busy but nothing super exciting.
I finally had my shoulder surgery a few weeks ago. I had a few set backs, but I've been recovering slow and steady. Physical Therapy hasn't helped :) It's torture!! But they say it's good for me. I just have a few more weeks of actually going until I do it on my own.
Erick got his grades back the Saturday after my surgery. Poor guy was up until 5AM waiting for them to be posted. He checked at midnight and when they hadn't posted he said he was going to bed and wasn't going to worry about it, but for some reason I woke up at 5AM to the glow of the computer...he was checking again. I knew he wouldn't get any sleep until he knew how he did. He did really well. He was really excited to see he did better in some classes then he assumed. I am so proud of him. He's working really hard and I know he's going to do great over the next 2 years. (now all we have to do is figure out what he's going to do after it's all over!)
Erick started AND finished his pre-session Constitutional Law class. JACK POT!! He's 1 class into his 2L year. We are so happy. He's taking 2 more classes over the next 5 weeks which will free up 3 spaces next year when he can take MBA classes.
I just finished my Math and Anatomy classes for this quarter. I have 5 weeks to finish a Sociology Class and Public Speaking class before the next quarter starts. If I keep up this crazy pace I'll have all my pre-reqs completed in order to apply for the Nursing program by December. Who knows what will happen especially since most of the waiting lists are YEARS long and we'll be out of here only 2 1/2 more...but I'm going to push anyway. Maybe my grades will WOW them :) (doubtful) It's a lot harder to go back to school later in life then right out of high school. I'm not as old as I make myself seem but it's been 10 years since I took college classes and getting my brain back on track to LEARN is hard. But I'm determined. I made a goal to go to school every quarter we are here in Nebraska to get as much done as possible. Since I'm working full time I only have time to take 1-2 classes a quarter. We are here only for such a short time in the long term scheme of things, it's better to postpone a few things and luxuries so I can have the luxury later of being able to work when I want instead of HAVING to work.
Lastly, we have 51 days until we go on vacation with Erick's family. AAAAHHHH!! It's not soon enough but yet, not long enough. Since I've had this stupid shoulder I haven't been able to get to the gym and the meds have just packed on the LBS, so I'm a little sad about having to wear a swimsuit :( But I'm so looking forward to a week of doing absolutely nothing. As soon as the PT and DR give me the thumbs up I'm back to the gym. For now though today starts my new diet. Right now it's just cutting out the eating out to once a week (I know that sounds like alot but if you knew how much we've been eating out lately because I can't cook with 1 arm and Erick has been at school, you would see why once a week is a good goal) and I'm cutting out sugar this week to start with. If I can make it this week I'll try for next week too. For those of you that know me well you know how hard this is going to be. No Chocolate, No ice cream, No Cookies!! So Sad! But I have to do something if I can't work out right now.
So look below for all our happenings:
No comments:
Post a Comment