I wish I had pictures to make this post more interesting but sadly it's just boring.
What a strange week it's been. I'm so happy it's almost over.
Erick has been hard at work in school this week, he has 3 more weeks until he's finished with his second set of summer classes and then he gets a much needed break. School is out for me until July 15th. I'm happy for a little break, but I still have 2 Independent Study classes from BYU that I need to finish in the next 4 weeks if I can. I have 5 classes before I can apply to the RN program at the local community college and 6 classes until I can apply to UNMC. It's exciting and discouraging all at the same time. The waiting list for the local CC is 1-2 years and then 2 years in the program. So even if I'm lucky to get in the first year I would still be 3 years from being done (we're only probably going to be here another 2 years) The program at UNMC is more competitive to get into, but no waiting list. But still 3 years full time before I'm done because it's a BSN program. I can't give in to the discouragement yet because I'm really excited about finishing.
Mosquitoes are out in full force. Poor Erick mowed the lawn on Monday and came back with 9 bites. No amount of spray will protect you from these little buggers. Some how I ended up with 1 on my knee cap when I was wearing jeans! Then this morning I went out to quickly water my garden and was swarmed....8 more bites this morning. If there are only 3 things I hate about dang Nebraska it's Humidity, Mosquitoes and Heat. The weather here is so crazy. Just last week it was cool, temp in the 60's and breezy. Next thing you know it's 93, 70% humidity and almost unbearable and from the little bit of summer we spent here last year, this is just the beginning...BUT good news is...My handy dandy little ticker on my iphone says we are just 41 days until vacation bliss. I know I just got back from CA and I'm in no way looking forward to that 40 hours drive again, but I need to escape from the Nebraska summer! Hopefully next summer we will have an "away" internship and will be able to escape for one last summer. I don't know how people live thru summers like this. I know it gets hot in CA, but it's a dry heat and there aren't this many bugs!
The real reason I wish I had pictures for this post was from last night. Erick, Allee and I went on a a drive to get out of the house for a bit and on our way back we saw the most spectacular lightning. We had been under Tornado warning for about 3 hours, but since nothing was closer then about 70 miles we thought we would be safe to venture out for a while. We stopped by our house by the archery park to watch the lightning for a while. It was crazy and beautiful all at the same time. Some would light up the sky like it was noon, but others would just streak across the sky for just 1/2 a second. Hopefully one day before we leave here I'll be able to get some good pictures.
Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment