Yesterday we were supposed to drive from Lincoln to California for Christmas. Whenw e woke up in the morning they had closed the I-80 and there was a huge storm in Wyoming which was dumping a bunch of snow. We had to make the heart breaking decision that we would have to stay in Nebraska for Christmas. I cried most of the morning and part of the afternoon. I was so sad that I would be spending Christmas for the first time without my family in a place I'm not too fond of yet. When our friends the Grovers found out we were stuck here their immediate response "Let's paint the town red tonight" I wasn't feeling very social, I just wanted to curl up in my bed and cry a little longer. Erick convinced me we needed to go out and get out of our funk. Oh how right he was! He went to one of my favorite places to eat out here (I know, I know, I'm not much for going outside of my comfortzone of Chillis, McDonalds and Panera) Erick and I had taken a chance once and went to this place on a whim. It was SO good. I love chinese type food and for any of you who haven't been to a Mongolian Grill, it works like this.....You go to a big "salad bar" type setting, you get a bowl full of frozen meats, fresh veggies and noodles, then on to the "sauce bar" where you create your own concoction of yummy potions for your food. Then you belly up to the bar where a guy takes your fixin's and cooks it right there, a little bit later, VOILA! Your specially made concoction on a plate that you take back to your table to enjoy. The real beauty of this place is you make whatever and however much of what you want and if you hate it, toss it out and start over. It's all you can eat (of course that "all you can eat" is totally wasted on me but I've used the "toss it and start over" ) We had such a good time that night, I was nice to get out of the house and get our minds off our sorrows. Thanks Grovers!
Erick and I in front of our new favorite place
Tom and Karen Grover
Karen and I waiting for our food to get cooked
Erick and I in front of our new favorite placeYou have to eat with chopsticks for the authentic feel (they have forks for the amateurs)
No comments:
Post a Comment