Thursday, November 20, 2008

Things I miss...

It's been hard for me the last little while to adjust to Nebraska, the weather has turned cold, we're far away from everyone and when Erick is gone so much I realize how unsettled I am still here in Nebraska. I figure maybe if I put it in writing it will help me stop being sad.


I got an email from my friend Jene today. It wasn't about anything sad, but it made me cry. I realized how much I just missed my friends from Utah. So # 1 thing I miss:


Best Friend Jene and Tiffany


#2 thing I miss....The mountains with snow on them. I heard they got snow recently. We got snow last year on Thanksgiving. We don't have anything here in Nebraska.

#3 thing I miss...My little house on Cranberry Loop. We lived in a secluded part of the neighborhood, that never got plowed out during the winter, it had quirky things like grass bugs, and gardners that always dug up my flowers beccause they thought they were weeds, but never trimmed the red bushes out front. We had quiet neighbors, a red wall in my office and a just darling little house. To go back there with none of my things is just heartbreaking for me. It was the first place Erick and I lived after we got married, it will always have a special place in my heart.
#4 thing I miss....RUBIOS!!! NEED I SAY MORE??? They don't believe in Rubios or Fresh Mex out here in Nebraska...what I wouldn't give for a grilled grande bowl right now.


#5 thing I miss...my blonde hair!! and Jill Birell, I miss our gossip fests every 5 weeks while I got my hair done.

#6 thing I miss...Well technically this is only 1/2 a Utah thing since this picture was taken at the scrapbook expo I thought it counted. I miss Utah's plethora of scrapbook/craft stores. There is NOTHING out here. I miss my sister to, even though she lives in CA, it's been so hard for me to live so far away for the last 3 years, thank heavens for At&t free mobile to mobile minutes....I'm sad that I haven't been there for my 2 nephews growing up and I have to hear my Nephew say "An Meh"... (Aunt Megan) over the phone instead of in person.

Well that wasn't so much cathartic as it made me sadder. GREAT!!

1 comment:

Jeneney said...

I miss you too! We need to plan a trip to get together! I'll even come out to Nebraska, however, you don't make it sound that exciting! But, of course, with the two of us together, we can make anything exciting! :)And, you know what I miss with you...Fondue. You were the best with the home fondue!