Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October 14, 2005

Today is the 3rd anniversary of the night Erick and I were engaged.
Erick and I had talked about getting married for a while, but since he was in Utah and I was in California I just figured we wouldn't get engaged until Christmas break. While Erick was going to school he and I took turns visiting each other every month. October was his turn to come to CA, so we decided it was probably a good time to get the families together to meet. We went to Black Angus for dinner that night. We had a good time and our parents got along so wonderfully.
After dinner Erick and I went back to my house to watch a movie. I hadn't been home before work so I wanted to check the mail and do a few things before we started watching a movie. Erick kept telling me to just relax and let's go sit out on the swing and talk before it got to cold. (The swing at in my parents backyard was a place that we had alot of talks and spent time together, it was like "Our Place") I wanted to grab a sweatshirt if we were going to be outside and poor Erick, unbeknownced to me, was stressing out because I wasn't cooperating AT ALL. He finally just said, Come on, we won't be out there too long. So I, in a huff, agreed but wanted to let the dog out to go to the bathroom while we were there...Erick started to get a little steamed and I wasn't sure why, he kept telling me to leave her inside, so I said, FINE, and we went outside. (probably wasn't the best start to the engagement process)
He said he had a surprise for me and told me to close my eyes....EVERYONE KNOWS I HATE THAT! So he covered my eyes and walked me out into the backyard. We walked what seemed like forever and he opened my eyes. It was beautiful. He had set up little lights in the backyard around the swing. There were 2 big bunches of my favorite flowers and a little cooler. We went and sat down, started to swing, and talk about our day, It seemed like it was just a sweet thing that he did for me since I hadn't seen him in a while. I asked what was in the cooler and he said, oh yeah, I have some stuff in there, so he gets off the swing and starts rummaging through the cooler and quickly turned around on one knee. Some of the rest for me was a blur, I remember saying, "what.....what are you doing?...." He pulled out the ring and proposed....he said I never told him yes or no....but I swear somewhere in my blubbering I said something. He was so cute, he had gone earlier that day and set all this up with my mom and dad, they helped him get the lights all set up and made sure everything was perfect before they left for dinner, then he had gone to the store for some supplies, since it was Halloween time he picked up 2 flutes that were skeleton hands, it was so cute. One of them didn't make the trip up to my parents house and the other one was broken in the move to Utah, I was so sad about it. We toasted with Martinelli's and within a few minutes after my parents came home. It was the 2nd happiest day of my life.


6 months later we were married for all eternity.
The Happiest Day of my Life.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Happy engagement anniversary

Michelle said...

How cute is that?! I love your engagement story! Happy engagement anniversary!

ashley wright said...

Since you told me you had a blog i went and looked for it!! I had fun doing your hair- And im sorry it took me so long!!! I read this engagement story post; too CUTE!! Youre one cute couple!! We like you alot! :) HOpe you like your hair posh spice!