Andie: Oh, no. Our love fern. It's dead.
Ben: No, it's just sleeping.
Andie: You let it die. Are you going to let us die?
After Erick and I got married we moved to Lehi, Utah. It was a hard transition for me, but I had a cute little house to live in, a cute little husband and we were going to be ok. About a week after we moved in I was feeling pretty sad about being so far from my family and friends, my husband had returned to school and work, it was my first time working from home and being all alone about 12 hours a day. Just as I sat on the couch to have myself a good cry, the the UPS guy showed up. My cute sister had sent us a "Lucky Money Tree" as a house warming present. It was the cutest little plant. We all know that I have a brown thumb but Ashley assured me it would be really hard to kill this thing, so I put it in our kitchen by the window; watered it religiously, it grew and had to be repotted.
About a year ago I went to California on a business trip and asked Erick to water the plant while I was gone. Well I guess while I was gone, that slipped his mind....So in true Andie Anderson fashion I said "Erick...Our Love Fern! You let it DIE! Are you going to let us die?" he looked at me confused. (For those of you who are also confused, rent How to lose a guy in 10 days right now!)
When the time came to move, the movers refused to take our plant, Erick left too early with a packed car and on the day I left, we were packed to the gills...The Love Fern had to remain in Utah. I left it at the house hoping that it would be resilient enough to last the weeks until someone would come to visit it. 6 weeks goes by...When I get to Lehi this weekend what did I see....My Love Fern!
It was still alive. It was beautiful and I cried. I had to find a way to get it back to Nebraska. So I went to The UPS store and asked them if they could get my Love Fern back to me. So after paying a pretty penny for this little transfer I left my Love Fern behind for the journey. Today, the UPS man showed up with that same gift that dried my tears 2 1/2 years ago.
You maybe thinking to yourself...it's just a simple plant....This simple plant signified the start to our wonderful life together and even through the rough spots our Love Fern is still alive. It's time for the Love Fern to be repotted again, If my Love Fern can make through it's Nebraska "Repotting" no worse for the wear, so can I.


2 comments:
Wow, lots of love for the love fern. Sounds like you had so much fun in Utah with your fam. I am jealous...only 3 more months...sigh
Hey. My Name is Alyssa Perry (Haub) I hope you don't mind I stumbed onto your blog. I use to be friend with Eric and his family we were all in the same ward together. Just wanted to say Hi and by the way your blog is so cute. You guys look so great and your puppy is cute!
Post a Comment